Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bringing in the New Year

As I start this blog I am so excited!! Colton just came to my door and said, " Mom, I pooped!!" We have been working with him so much on just TELLING us when he goes poop!! This Mommy is so happy!!

I brought in the New Year at work last night and after my shift I decided I was going to start the New Year over on 1/2/09.

Last night was a good night as far as we only had 1 trauma and it was a transfer from another ER. Only 1 suicidal person, which was really more a cry for attention (she took 7 Excedrin and didn't want to wake up, well that really didn't put her to sleep).

Why am I starting over you ask ????

I had to spend my entire shift with a little 88 year old that had advanced dementia, couldn't hear, couldn't see, couldn't reason with this lady, oh my gosh.... so so so confused. She was yelling and picking at everything and trying to get out of bed. A big thank you to my co-workers that helped me out and allowed me to keep my sanity. This ladies daughter brought her in but couldn't stay with her and we had no sitters last night in the entire hospital so this poor lady had to spend the entire night (12 hours) in the ER. This lady did not sleep for more than 20-30 minutes at a time and I gave her all kinds a good meds to help her relax and sleep, not a one of them last for more than 15-20 minutes. I WAS EXHAUSTED. Here is the kicker..... This 88 year old lady lives at home with her 90 year old husband with only a caregiver that checks on them. They have no family around this area, the two daughters live out of state. I can not imagine!!

So, I'm just going to forget 1/1/09!!

After reading all your blogs I have to say it is so nice to hear GOOD news. Happy people with happy health kids!! During this time I'm so thankful that in 2008 I was able to keep my job (that on most nights ) I do love!! To have a wonderful healthy family and wonderful friends and was introduced to the Blog World!!

I hope in 2009........ It goes a little slower. I have more patience on those days I don't get much sleep. I can finish remodeling my house ( just my bedroom and the kitchen left.. then to the outside) I did learn in 2008 that I really don't enjoy painting!! Last but not least back to exercising!!

So here is to a great 2009

No comments: