Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lauren's Big Day!!

For Christmas Santa brought the kids a Wii and all the goodies.  Shortly after Christmas, Lauren discovered a Nintendo DSi. According to her she really really really (I think you get the idea) really needed this.  But, mean ole' mom was not going to turn around and buy this after Santa had just delivered the Wii.

So we made a deal...... I told her if she wanted needed this sooo bad that this is what we could do...
1. She could use her Christmas money from the grandparents.
2. She could earn the money for the rest.

and that is just what she did.

I made a chart for her and told her in addition to her regular chores. She folds the "big" towels (cole gets the wash cloths) and puts them aways and she puts her undies and pj's away. She could also do other things and put stickers on a chart. Each sticker is worth $2 and when she had earned enough, she could go buy her DSi and that I would buy her a game.  She was very happy with this and so we began!!

We came up with 5 things: Clean her room, Laundry, Take care of the dog (which she informed me poop-duty should be worth more than $2) I think she did that for 2 seconds hahaha. Attitude, and putting away dishes.

Finally, after "visiting" it in the store many times....she had earned enough stickers.  I am so proud of her. She never fussed or whined about this. It was actually exciting for her to finish a task and then put a sticker on her chart. She counted them often!!!

So here is Lauren with her much earned DSi!!

2 comments:

Adoptive Momma said...

That's really cute! Good for her.

Val said...

Brillant!! I think we need to start that in our house. I really want to get one for Maelynn for her birthday - I asked my parents and sister to go in together and get her one since we are already getting her a trampoline - but I'm not sure if they are or not. I know Wylie just loves his!!