Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Whose got the kindergarten blues??

It's not like I didn't know this was coming.

What I'm really surprised about is the feeling I have in the pit of my stomach the closer it gets.

I'm getting ready in a couple of weeks to send Miss Lauren off to Kindergarten.

No problem I can do that..... right??

First, came the stores filling up their shelves with all the school supplies. How exciting!!

Then came the supply list. I grabbed one, but thought I would just get the supplies later.

I don't need to get them now, right?? I now realize that was my denial saying Hello!!

Finally, it happen............Her teacher called!! UGH!! Ms. Vansickle would like to set up a time to come over and meet Lauren and her family.


(little side bar..) have you ever had a teacher come to your house to meet you?
What happen to open house, seeing the classroom and meeting the teacher?
At first I thought, how nice!! Then...Some of my friends thought this was a little strange and had never heard of it (and they made me paranoid, thankyouverymuch) How was I suppose to know who this lady was calling. I've never met or heard of Ms. Vansickle and now this person is going to show up at my house. Isn't it horrible that you really can't just trust people anymore with all the craziness going on in the world. So I checked it out and all is well. Now she probably thinks I'm crazy!! Anyway!!


That did it!! The tears came. I called Mike and admitted it out loud. "This is really bothering me and we are not even to "THE FIRST DAY" yet!! I'm going to be a mess!!

My babies are growing up too fast.
I just can't believe it is here and am really surprised how it hit me!!

My baby girl!!

And to think this is just Kindergarten!!

5 comments:

Val said...

Vanessa took Wylie to the pre-kindergarten summer school and she said she hadn't even thought about it until she left him and walked to the car - she just broke down!! She said that it hadn't even accrued to her that she might get upset until the tears just started pouring out! I have Wylie here this week and we did a little school shopping together yesterday. He picked out a red crayon soup/hot chocolate container! And I bought him a puppy backpack and embroidered his name on it. I don't know what teacher he has yet I will have to ask Vanessa. I know he will be at the new school off old 60.

Adoptive Momma said...

She's such a big girl now! Uh..it goes too fast.

Jeff & Tisha said...

I'm already not looking forward to it and Logan's only 11 weeks old! Keep your chin up...and bring lots of Kleenex. She'll love it.

Sarah Brown said...

Is she looping? Kelly is a FABULOUS teacher...you and Lauren will quickly fall in love with her!!!!!

shelley said...

what is looping??