Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Branson

A couple of weekends ago we packed up and headed to Branson. I took a lot of pictures but after looking through all of them. I thought these 3 said it all.

We drove down Friday night and stayed at a cabin that was recommend to us. It was nice because the kids had their own room with a twin bed for each of them. They were so tuckered out by the end of the day I didn't have to worry about them talking or playing!! The one thing I didn't like was the cabins were old. I think the were probably built in the 70's and still looked like it. For the money I would have expected a little better. But it was fine and the kid enjoyed it and I liked that it was something different then just your regular hotel room!!

Saturday was a fun-filled day at Silver Dollar City. I was really surprised that we have 2 fearless little ones!! Which means bad news for me, because for some reason I get really bad motion sickness, even riding in the back seat of a car. I hate it!! So I sucked it up and rode the rides, but the tea cups were not even an option!! No way!! Mike is so good!! He took them on the tea cups the they spun around and around and around till their little hearts were content!! No thank you!!


Cole was about 2 inches tall enough to ride all the rides with us!! Thank you Lord!! They enjoyed the Lost River and Mike got absolutely soaked (he he he). They weren't quite sure what they were in for with Fire in the Hole, but they were ready to ride it again after they realized they survived!! I know that probably sounds mean, but it was funny!!


I love the expression on Lauren and Cole's face. When I saw this picture I knew it was the only one that needed to go on the blog. It says it all! FUN, FUN, FUN!!



Sunday while waiting to go to the Dixie Stampede (which was fabulous!!) we went to a Dinosaur Museum. This was really neat and Cole was in heaven. If I didn't slow him down he would have went through it in about 5 minutes. These things were huge. I mean I know they were huge but..... you know!!

And of course you can't go to Branson without getting a family picture!! Mike was less than thrill, but I told him that he didn't have to worry about smiling that he could look mean. That made it better.


Cole's little face made the wait well worth it!!


We had a fun time. Next year we are going to a Beach!! I would love to hear where your favorite beach is at? Where would you vacation at again??

2 comments:

Adoptive Momma said...

Love the family picture, you all look great...but Cole OMG adorable!!

Angela Hopkins said...

Adorable!!!! Looks like you had fun!

Favorite Beach - Destin / ft. Walton Beach Area