Friday, June 12, 2009

EARLY morning rambles and pics!!!

I worked last night (Wednesday night) and slept most of the day Thursday. Thanks to Mike, he took the kids to Joplin for a day out to eat, a trip to Toys-R-Us, and to see the movie Up. Which I would have much rather enjoyed the day out with the kids.......I need my sleep or I definitely become what we call around here a "crabby patty" Anyway.....so here I am at 0330 wide awake. Which is too late to take anything to help me get back to sleep. So I grabbed a chocolate fudge pop tart and the computer.

Of course as I grab the chocolate pop tart, I'm thinking to myself..... I've got to stop this middle of the night snacking!! My will power not so good, but after bathing suit shopping it hopefully will get a little better. May I add (of course I may it's my blog) bathing suit shopping......I find myself laughing, wanting to cry, and disappointed. When did bathing suits become a bunch of strings!! Please give me material. After trying on 20+ suits I found myself thinking..... I really like this cute one, but not enough of it there, and this one, OH NO, it looks like something a grandma would wear. Then finally.....something that I liked and was totally comfortable in. Also something that can handle a 3 1/2 year old holding on to for dear life at times!! A swim dress!! Something totally different for me, but I love it. It covers all the right areas!!

Here is a pictures of one similar...So now we are all ready for some fun in the sun!!

This past couple of weeks I wanted to get some pictures of the kids. Taking pictures is something I love to do. I always hate paying lots of money, while thinking to myself... I could take pictures like that.
In the back of my brain (way in the back) I think maybe when the kids get a little older about going back to school to get maybe a arts degree?? Something with photography.

I love messing around with it, maybe I should just leave it at that?? Because when it comes to shooting other people I get very nervous. What if they don't like what I do? What if I don't get a great shot? Tons of thoughts like that run through my head. I guess that kind of sounds like a confidence thing huh?? Oh well for now I will stick to my kids!!

Ever so often I torture my kids by taking them to the park and making them take pictures first instead of playing on the playground.

The last week or so that's just what I did.... Cole seemed to mind it more and Lauren!!

And, since I'm awake at this wonderful time in the morning I decided to share a few of my favorites!!



I haven't decided which way I like this one? What do you think??I guess it doesn't really matter..... I get to enjoy it both ways!

I'm pretty sure Cole was trying to talk Lauren into going after the poor duck!!
Well, I think I might try to get a work-out in before the kids wake-up this morning. Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

Scratch that idea.... Cole just woke-up, way to early, so I think I will go snuggle instead!!

4 comments:

Val said...

The pictures are awesome! I also have that swim suit but I got the two piece and I suggest getting the one piece. Once you get a lot of water in the skirt it starts pulling down under the tummy - not a pretty sight!! :) Otherwise I like it because I feel comfortable and don't feel like I have to be hiding as much!!

Sarah said...

Great pics! What kind of camera are using? Do you have photoshop as well?

Nana said...

You and Katie need to get together for pictures... Yours are beautiful!!! Of course your subject matter is GREAT How can you take a bad picture of those kids!!

Jeff & Tisha said...

Shelley you take awesome pictures! What program do you use for your photos because I'm in love with the effects it does! I love the picture of Lauren in the dress where you have just the bottom of the dress colored....and the ones of them together and...well frankly I love them all! You have a good eye for picture taking....take the class, if nothing else take it for yourself just to see other ideas...but I definitely believe you could turn this into a side business if you wanted to. These are great pictures!