Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ugliest kitchen!!

Saving the worst for last.

I have put off remodeling the kitchen because I knew 1. it would be the most expensive and 2. I dreaded what I was going to find underneath. I will NEVER, and yes I will say NEVER buy a house and say oh "all I have to do is just take the wallpaper off and paint"  UGH!!!  I'm using the trick of half fabric softner and half water to spray on the walls and scrape off. It's coming off with a lot of work and a lot of time. So if anybody has any other tricks, please share!!

Here is what we've been tolerating for the past year.  Lovely green stripes and paneling. Could it get worse than this...... oh yes.......... ( I fear what I will find under the panels)


When the green stripes were removed.
I found this lovely yellow flowered wallpaper!!
When the yellow flowered wallpaper was removed....


I found this lovely BRIGHT yellow painted wall.


How do you get HGTV in your home????????

I have only started on a little section by the deck doors.
I haven't even began the big wall.

The one good thing. When the kitchen is done, the inside is done YAY!!!!!
(of course then to the outside)

1 comment:

Jeff & Tisha said...

Shelley I definitely think you will win the Ugliest Kitchen contest!! I saw a show on HGTV where they used a wallpaper tool that scored up the wallpaper so that when they put the water mix on it got through easier then he used a scraper to get underneath it.....Good luck!!!