Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where's my coffee??

By 7:30 last night: Everyone fed, Baths done, Books read and tucked in bed!!! By 7:45 I was falling asleep on the couch so I thought what the heck and after setting my alarm my head was hitting the pillow at 7:58!!! A good nights sleep......Nope!

By Midnight I was wide awake. So I decided to go watch Dancing with The Stars and one of my new favs The Mentalist. I stopped by the kitchen for a little snack and yes I should have grabbed the banana but it was the cookies and milk instead!! I just remind myself that I should work out in the morning.

I headed back to bed a little before 2. As I was falling asleep I hear the sounds of little feet heading my way and open my eyes to find Colton ( which is unusual ) staring at me!

Hey Mommy, what are you doing???

I just pulled back the covers and let him climb in. He was so still and quite. I just knew he went right to sleep. WRONG!! Soon later I hear...

Mommy, is daddy sleeping?

Yes!

Why you awake??

Because you're talking to me!! Go to sleep Colton

okay!!

So I decide to roll over to find myself stuck in the middle, so it was more like a flip over and wondering why I didn't say yes to the king-size bed!!

So after awhile of Colton playing and singing. Back to his bed he went!!

While trying to quietly head back to bed. It happen........ I think I broke my little toe on the vacuum, which I was sure I put away earlier!! Trying to muffle my hurt and crawling back in bed. I get the lovely... What are you doing out there?? Nothing, I say go back to sleep. And, so he does!!!!

So I lay there thinking 3 more hours then I have to get up..
Now, 2 more hours then I have to get up..

When that alarm went off, I felt as if I was hit by a truck.......I need coffee!! Actually I drink more creamer than coffee, but anyway!!

So here is hoping that Colton takes a good nap today because mommy needs one!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

One would think that after they stop being an infant everyone would get back to full night's sleep but it never seems to work out that way!

Adoptive Momma said...

Although I know it is cruel for me to say, I'm glad I'm not the only sleep deprived momma this week and someone else is suffering along with me :)